Just a quick update for users of the Tyneside Badminton Centre (TBC) regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19). TBC takes its responsibilities in this area very seriously and is monitoring this evolving situation on a continuous basis.
Both Badminton England and the English Table Tennis Association have been advised by the government that there is no reason for people to halt their participation in sporting activities at present.
In the meantime, TBC will continue to run as normal. We have reviewed our cleaning procedures and increased the frequency of cleaning in high risk areas, such as door handles, taps, hire rackets, card machines etc.
There are however several actions that users can employ to help reduce the risk to health:
- Do not enter the centre if you have:
- a high temperature and/or feel hot to touch on the chest/back
- a new, continuous cough – this means you’ve started coughing repeatedly
- Please wash your hands frequently and vigorously for at least 20 seconds– as a minimum we would advise up to do so on entering/leaving the premises
- Cough or sneeze into handkerchiefs and dispose of immediately – then wash your hands.
For more information on the latest Government guidance and information regarding the coronavirus can be found via the following link:
Should this position change then we will update you accordingly.