Just a quick update for users of the Tyneside Badminton Centre (TBC) regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19). TBC takes its responsibilities in this area very seriously and is monitoring this evolving situation on a continuous basis. We review our risk assessment of the virus’s impact daily in light of ongoing advice.
For the time being the Tyneside Badminton Centre will largely operate as normal. We have adapted our operating procedures accordingly but in order to manage the risk we require the co-operation of our users.
- If you are over 70, pregnant or have underlying medical conditions then the Government advice is to self-isolate. For your own protection, please do not come to the centre
- Do not enter the building if you have been in contact with anyone and/or are displaying the following symptoms:
- high temperature (hot to touch on chest/back)
- a new continuous cough (coughing repeatedly)
- Wash your hands frequently and vigorously for at least 20 seconds– as a minimum we would request you to do so on entering/leaving the premises
- Cough or sneeze into tissues or block with arm
- Dispose of used tissues immediately – then wash your hands
- Use contactless payment methods wherever possible
- Avoid shaking hands
- Maintain social distancing ( > 1 metre)
For more information on the latest information regarding the coronavirus access the following links:
Should this position change then we will update you accordingly.