- The individual or organisation named on the booking will be held responsible for the conduct and supervision of all persons attending the booking(s) and the termination of the booking(s) at the time specified
- The individual or organisation named on the booking will be held responsible for any damage(s) caused to the facilities or property by any person or persons attending the booking(s)
- All individuals agree to take on the liability/responsibility for managing/mitigating risks to themselves and others when using our facilities including accounting for Covid-19 measures
- The individual or organisation named on the booking will be responsible for ensuring prompt payment of the account in line with the payment date
- All casual court hire activities are to be pre-paid before arrival at the centre This includes court hire, table tennis, pay as you go sessions, courses/programmes, and individual/group coaching sessions
- Block bookings are to be paid via invoice. The complete amount is to be paid in full on receipt of the invoice, and by the date of the first booking(s). Any other agreed terms will be detailed on the final invoice
- Any equipment hire is to be paid for on arrival to the Centre
- Cancellation of any booking must, where possible, be notified at least 24 hours prior to the start time of the booking
- All bookings cancelled after confirmation and full payment are not subject to a refund or rescheduled slots:
- Block bookings are booked on a pre-arranged basis and sessions cannot be rescheduled to an alternative date
- Casual bookings, table tennis bookings and session bookings will only be eligible for refund if they are cancelled within the notice period required
- Tyneside Badminton Centre reserves the right to change or cancel a booking. Where this is applicable, as much notice as possible will be given. In the event of a cancellation, any fees paid will be refunded for the affected booking
Outlining Tyneside Badminton Centre Policy regarding the nature, collection, storage, use and removal of personal data.
Nature of personal data
Tyneside Badminton Centre obtains the following information from clients:
- Landline Telephone number
- Mobile Telephone number
- Medical History
- Emergency contact name
- Emergency contact telephone number
- Date of birth
- Badminton Club they belong to
- School they attend
We collect different information from the above list for different client groups:
- Casual users (1,3,4,5 from the above list)
- Users attending formal sessions run by the centre (1-9 from the above list)
- Junior users (up to and including 16 years old) entering a competition (1-12 from the above list)
Collection, storage & use of data
Tyneside Badminton Centre collects personal information from it’s customers via telephone, our website, post, email and face to face at the reception desk via competition of a registration form.
Hard copies of our clients’ personal data are stored securely in locked cabinet within the centre. Access to this cabinet is restricted to Staff and the Directors of Tyneside Badminton Centre.
Electronic records of clients’ personal data is stored on secure, password protected servers. Access to the necessary passwords is restricted to Staff and the Directors of Tyneside Badminton Centre.
In the case of casual users, their name, telephone details and e-mail address is first and foremost used for the management of court bookings. Casual users registering these details are offered the opportunity of opting in or out to receiving marketing e-mails from the centre.
Users attending formal sessions run by the centre
Users attending formal sessions run by the centre submit the same information used casual users, plus home address, emergency contact details, medical history and ethnicity. This additional information is predominantly to help staff manage medical emergencies. In the case of ethnicity, this information is used to help compile statistical reports for grant providers both current and potentially in the future. Users attending formal sessions run by the centre are offered the opportunity of opting in or out to receiving marketing e-mails from the centre.
Junior users (up to and including 16 years old) entering a competition
For Junior users, we collect all information listed in the “Nature of Personal Data” section at the start of this document. Contact details, rather than belonging to the child, belongs to the parent/guardian completing the form i.e. we ask for the parents’ email and telephone number, not the child’s. The child’s date of birth is included so they can be placed in the correct age category of competition. The club or school where they participate in badminton is asked for in order to be included in tournament reports.
Clients can have their personal records removed by:
- Unsubscribing from newsletters
- Emailing email@example.com
In the case of electronic data this will be permanently deleted.
In the case of paper records these will be shredded.
No personal information collected by the Tyneside Badminton Centre is passed on to third parties.
If you wish to discuss any aspects of this policy then you should contact:
Telephone: 0191 241 5385
We're here to help...
If you have any questions about the above, then please get in touch and do all we can to help!