Hope you are all safe and well.
We are now 4 days into re-opening and it is great to see everyone again.
Thank you to all those users who have in the vast majority of cases been totally understanding about the guidelines we have to follow. Please note that the guidelines provided by BADMINTON England (BE) , although extremely useful, are not the only ones Tyneside Badminton Centre are expected to follow. BE acknowledges in their guidance that venues have a legal obligation to make informed decisions based on their own individual buildings – this we have done diligently.
Procedures will vary between venues.
We have learnt a lot in the last few days and are now able to implement our revised guidelines which start from 12 noon on Wednesday 29th July 2020. Note to implement these we have had to change seating plans, cleaning rotas and internal booking systems. We have highlighted the major changes in bold.
What we offer:
- Badminton singles or doubles play (no restrictions regarding different households)
- Maximum groups size of 6 people per court, no mixing with other groups from other courts
- Badminton 1 to 1 coaching
- Table tennis singles
- Bookings by telephone with card prepayment
- Toilet facilities
- Revised initial opening hours can be found at https://www.tynesidebadmintoncentre.co.uk/#opening
- Spectating where that person is a parent/guardian of under 18 players.
What we don’t offer
- Access to additional players/spectators that take a groups over the 6 per court limit
- Hire of equipment (e.g. rackets, shoes)
- Changing/showering facilities
- Cash transactions
- Courts can only be used on a pre-booked and pre-paid basis – strictly no walk-ins without booking. For full booking procedures please go to https://www.tynesidebadmintoncentre.co.uk/booking/
Before you arrive
- Do NOT come to the centre if you have:
- A high temperature
- A new or continuous cough
- A loss of, or change to your sense of smell or taste
- Check the NHS website to see if you are at a heightened risk from contracting Corona Virus. Use this information to inform your decision to attend the centre or not
- Come changed and wearing non-marking shoes
- Bring your own full water/drinks bottle
During your visit
- Please only enter the building close to your booking time
- Familiarise yourselves with our COVID-19 procedures available at reception
- Maintain social distance of 2 meters throughout your stay
- Wash or sanitise your hands before entering the building
- Do not loiter in reception
- Only use the link corridor to the sports halls if there is no-one already in the corridor
- Keep to the left when using the link corridor to the sports halls
- Stay in your designated court/seating area throughout your stay
- Place all discarded shuttles in the bins provided
- Avoid physical contact e.g. shaking hands
- Wipe down any seating/tables you have used with the equipment provided by the centre
- Leave as soon as possible at the end of your booking time
- Make your next booking over the telephone rather than at reception
Thanks again for your patience and understanding. We will continue to work hard to make your visit both safe and enjoyable.
Tyneside Badminton Centre