Following the Government’s announcement on Monday 14th June and having reviewed our operating procedures accordingly, the Tyneside Badminton Centre will operate according to the following criteria for the period Monday 21st June to Sunday 18th July.
Sessions not currently running
Due to the decision to maintain some of the restrictions we are currently not running:
- Pay and Play (Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday evenings)
- Keenagers (50+) Wednesday and Friday Morning
- Adult Beginners/Improvers (Thursdays)
Government guidelines permitting, we hope to resume these sessions week commencing Monday 19th July
Current Opening hours:
- Monday 9am-1pm, 5-10pm
- Tuesday 9am-1pm, 5-10pm
- Wednesday 9am -10pm
- Thursday 9am-1pm, 5-10pm
- Friday 9am-1pm, 5-9pm
- Saturday 9am – 6pm
- Sunday 12noon to 9pm
Bookings can be made by ringing 0191 2415385 or via email (firstname.lastname@example.org – please make sure you include a contact telephone number). All bookings must be made at least 24 hours in advance and paid for on booking via card. Payments are non-refundable and non-transferable. Strictly no bookings on the day or walk-ins without booking.
- Single court bookings can be made for up to 6 adults and/or juniors from mixed households
- Coaching is available on a 1 to 1 or small group basis (£25 per hour)
- Enter the centre via reception and leave via the signposted exits (marked in the badminton halls)
- Masks should be worn on arrival and when leaving, unless you are medially exempt. Please keep masks on in all public areas (e.g. reception, corridors etc.) but these can be removed once you are at your designated court.
- Sanitise your hands on arrival and when leaving
- Maintain social distancing during you stay
- Avoid mixing with other groups that are in the hall
- Avoid staying in reception for prolonged periods of time, especially on the hour when the reception is likely to be busier
Requests for restringing ( https://www.tynesidebadmintoncentre.co.uk/racket-maintenance/) or bookings for the Saturday afternoon junior sessions (https://www.tynesidebadmintoncentre.co.uk/product/saturday-smashers/ or https://www.tynesidebadmintoncentre.co.uk/product/saturday-sharks/) can be made online.
Tyneside Badminton Centre