Tyneside Badminton Centre will be re-opening on a limited basis from 5pm on Wednesday 2nd December 2020. Our opening hours are:
– Monday – Friday 5-8pm
– Saturday 2-5pm
– Sunday 4-7pm
Note that in order to comply with Covid-19 regulations:
– all sessions must be pre-booked and prepaid. No bookings will be taken on the day
– we can take bookings for groups where all participants are 18 and under
– we can only take bookings involving adults or adults/children from the same household. ( In order to follow the law, Tyneside Badminton Centre reserves the right to refuse entry to groups unable to provide proof of this when requested)
– we are currently unable to take bookings from students living in halls of residence
– we can offer 1 to 1 coaching for players 18 years old or younger
How to book
Booking by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and telephone 01912415385 (24 hours notice minimum required). Please provide the names of all players, time to be booked, number of courts and a contact telephone number. We will ring back to confirm availability and take payment.
Please note if you ring outside the above opening hours you will get an answering machine – leave a message. We cannot take bookings on the day
or provide a “walk in” service for non-bookers.
You can book a racket in for restringing by using this link https://www.tynesidebadmintoncentre.co.uk/racket-maintenance/. You will need to drop the racket off at a prearranged time. Due to operational reasons the turn around time for rackets is up to 7 days. Payment is by card only.
Smashers/Sharks Junior sessions on Saturday afternoon will restart on Saturday 5th December. Places must be booked in advance by using this link – https://www.tynesidebadmintoncentre.co.uk/badminton/ – scroll down until you reach the relevant Sharks or Smashers section.
At the centre
Please maintain 2m social distancing and sanitise your hands on entry.