Great to be able to welcome back our customers after such a long time.!
Please see information below regarding Tyneside Badminton Centre’s new operational procedures. Note that although many restrictions have been lifted there is still a risk to be managed. We can only manage this risk with help from our customers.
From Monday 19th July:
- the centre will be open virtually the same hours as pre-Covid. Click here for the full set of opening hours
- bookings can be made via telephone on 0191 241 5385. If staff are not available, please use the answering machine
- if you enquire about booking via email please provide us with a contact telephone number to speed things up
- all payments at the centre must be made by card – no cash transactions
- all bookings must be paid for at the time of booking – payments are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Many restrictions have now been lifted but there is still an ongoing risk to be managed which we can only achieve with your help. An outbreak that could be traced back to the centre, or staff required to self-isolate, could result in us having to temporarily close, which no-one would want.
- Arrive on time and leave on time. Early arrivals and late leavers increase overcrowding
- Masks are not required, although we would still recommend you wear them if in a crowded area
- Enter and leave the centre via reception
- Minimise your time at reception, for example re-booking sessions via telephone rather than in person
- Use the hand sanitiser on arrival and on leaving the centre
- Print your name clearly on the form provided at reception
- To avoid overcrowding:
- move quickly through reception and the link corridors
- once in the hall use the seating at both ends of the courts
- keep your distance.
Scheduled sessions restarting
Pay and Play sessions will recommence on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays 7-9pm from 20th July. Note numbers are restricted for these sessions so booking and pre-payment is required (done via the website). We cannot guarantee a place for anyone turning up without pre-booking via the website
Keenagers sessions will recommence on Wednesdays and Fridays 10.30-12noon from 21st July. Pre-booking is not required for this but we can only accept card payment (£3.50)
Beginners and Improvers courses will commence on Thursday 5th August 7-8pm and 8-9pm respectively. These are 6 week courses that requires booking and prepayment (£30). A pay per session option is not available for these courses
Singles play 5-7pm on Sunday will be cancelled for the forseeable future.
Click “badminton” on the website top menu for more details of the above, or:
- ring 0191 241 5385
- email email@example.com (please include a contact telephone number to save time)