Please see below key dates and details surrounding the gradual re-opening of the Tyneside Badminton Centre. Note that all guidelines are subject to possible changes in policy by the Government. All customers must conform to the COVID -19 protocols in place at the centre. Please note also that the centre is open to spot checks from both the Police and Public Health England, with fines of £200 being levied for non-compliance.
Users are required to:
- Arrive wearing masks and keep masks in place whilst in public areas of the building (reception and corridors). These can be removed once in your designated playing area
- Arrive changed and ready for play – we provide toilets but not changing areas at present
- Sanitise your hands (hand sanitiser available at reception and throughout the centre)
- Avoid spending times in public areas (e.g. reception)
- Arrive by reception and leave via the designated exits (not back through reception)
- Maintain a social distance of 2 metres from other users.
19th April – 16th May
- For this period, the centre will be open:
- Monday 5pm – 8pm
- Tuesday Closed
- Wednesday 5pm – 8pm
- Thursday Closed
- Friday 5pm-8pm
- Saturday 2-5pm
- Sunday 3-6pm.
The centre is open for bookings for adults from the same household (proof required) and juniors (18 and under) from mixed households. 1 to 1 coaching to both juniors and adults is also allowed.
Users must pre-book and pre-pay – there are no walk-ins or bookings “on the day”. Booking requests can be made by email or telephone. Please note the centre is not open 24/7 so please be prepared to use the answering machine where necessary. Request from restringing ( https://www.tynesidebadmintoncentre.co.uk/racket-maintenance/) or bookings for the Saturday afternoon junior sessions (https://www.tynesidebadmintoncentre.co.uk/product/saturday-smashers/ or https://www.tynesidebadmintoncentre.co.uk/product/saturday-sharks/) can be made online.
17th May – 20th June
The centre is open for adults in groups of 6 or less (mixed households permitted) and juniors (18 and under) from mixed households. Users must pre-book and pre-pay – there are no walk-ins or bookings “on the day”. Centre opening hours to be confirmed.
21st June onwards
No restrictions on bookings
As stated previously, note all guidelines are subject to possible changes in policy by the Government.
Tyneside Badminton Centre