Tyneside Badminton Centre has the following aims and objectives.
Our aim is to:
To promote badminton participation
We do this by:
- welcoming members from all sections of society, irrespective of age, religion, sexuality, race or disability
- charging a minimal membership fee
- providing a safe and well-maintained environment in which to participate
- offering a variety of playing opportunities, including:
- casual bookings, with junior, off-peak and peak play options
- supervised adult sessions (Pay and Play)
- coached adult sessions (both individual and group)
- supervised junior sessions (Smashers and Sharks)
- coached junior sessions (both individual and group)
- 50+ playing sessions
- providing a range of supporting services (e.g. racket hire, shoe hire, junior activity days)
- Membership of the Tyneside Badminton Centre costs £1. This rate is the same for all users.
- Membership buys a single share of the Tyneside Badminton Centre CiC
Tyneside Badminton Centre members can:
- Vote at the Club’s annual AGM and attend general meetings.
- Participate in other member’s activities, including meetings and social activities
- Book courts casually for an unlimited period in advance (non-members 7 days in advance only)
- Block book the facilities at the published discounted rates
- Participate in supervised activities run by the centre (e.g. junior/adult/50+ play sessions, coaching etc.)
- Tyneside Badminton Centre staff are all trained (and certified where appropriate) as required. This includes:
- Emergency First Aid
- Fire Marshal training
- Coaching qualifications
- Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checked
- Safeguarding Training (Children and Vulnerable Adults)
- Level 2 Food Hygiene
Tyneside Badminton Centre – Membership Rules and Regulations
Arrival and parking
- Please drive carefully on the approach road to the car park and adhere to the relevant speed limits. Use the car parking spaces and the overflow car parking. If busy you can park on the left hand side of the approach road, car pointing down the hill. Do not park on the pavements or in a way that obstructs pedestrian crossings as this is dangerous. Sometimes you may have to park on Bowness Road. If this is the case please be considerate to local residents and do not block their driveways.
- On arriving at the centre sign in at reception – this helps use analyse usage and produce reports for various grant providers – thank you!
- If you have arrived in the shoes that you intend to play in then please make sure you clean your shoes thoroughly on the matting at reception. All participants should wear appropriate clean, non-marking sports shoes.
- Familiarise yourself with the evacuation procedures of the Centre. In the event of an emergency the assembly point is in the front car park, opposite the main reception entrance
Respect for other users and the facility
- Keep noise to a reasonable level
- Avoid loitering at the back/sides of courts in a way that distracts other users
- Control your use of bad language
- The cost of repair to damage above and beyond reasonable wear and tear (e.g. misuse of equipment, vandalism) will be borne by the user
- Leave the facility clean and tidy at the end of each session – use the bins provided
- Shuttles should be cleared up at the end of each session
- Do not pull down on the nets as this damages them and reduces their height for other users
- Use only clean, non-marking shoes – if you notice your shoes are marking the courts then return to reception immediately where we can lend you more appropriate footwear.
- Casual bookings can be made by telephone. Bookings are for the agreed time period (e.g. 2-3pm), on the agreed number of courts. This includes warming up and cooling down. Usage of additional courts and/or beyond the agreed times will attract additional charges
- A request for a block booking can be made either online (tynesidebadmintoncentre.co.uk) or by completing the relevant form at reception. No block booking is fully accepted until authorised by the Operations Director
- Block bookings are made on a “use it or lose it” basis. Rearrangement of occasional sessions contained within a block booking are at the discretion of the TBC. Frequent rearrangement of block bookings times/dates will result in customers reverting to booking on a casual basis only
- Payment for a block booking must be made prior to the first session and for the full invoiced amount
- Additional use of the facilities beyond that agreed will attract additional charges at full price